Can you believe autumn is only a few months away and you know what that means, cooler weather and the leaves changing colors. It is a beautiful time of year, but not if your home isn’t prepared.
Avoid any unexpected problems this year by making sure you stay on top of these:
1. Attend to the gutters. Before the rains start falling, get your gutters cleaned of any clutter that could clog your drains and cause damage to your home.
2. Love your roof. Do you have any leaks? Now is the time to make any repairs to your roof.
3. Furnace care. Have a professional come and inspect your system. While you are making sure your heating system works correctly, now is the time make sure you replace all your filters.
4. Drain and winterize outdoor faucets. Shut off water valves and drain the lines to protect your pipes from freezing and exploding.
5. Air quality. Humidifiers are a great addition to the home, especially during the winter months, to keep your skin from drying out, but have you checked your smoke and CO detectors? Change out those batteries to ensure everything is working properly.
What are some things you do to make sure your home is ready for autumn? What are some of your favorite things about the fall months? Share your stories with us.