When it comes to finding your dream home, it can take some time to find the perfect place just for you. There are so many factors which go into finding the right home and the home buying process. As you begin your due diligence in researching the area and getting know your potential neighbors, finding the right schools, hiring a real estate agent, and making sure the home you fall in love with is in your price range (check out this great calculator tool).
Before you move forward towards homeownership, take some time to chat with a loan officer to find out what kind of mortgage you can afford. If you’re not sure you can afford a home, you should also take some time to chat with a mortgage officer. There are various loans you may qualify for so make sure you get pre-approved first.
As you continue down the path towards homeownership, ask yourself these questions—
- Why is the home for sell?
- Are there some issues with the home you should be aware of?
- What do you like most about the neighborhood? What don’t you like? Can you leave with it?
- How long has the home been vacant? Why?
- What is the water pressure like? Insulation in the attic?
- How many drawers are in the kitchen? Is there enough counter space for you?
- Do all the electrical outlets work?
- Is the front door well insulated?
Your home is a place you can take pride in. Take some time now to find the best fit for you, something you can see yourself living in. Write down all the questions you have, what you can’t live without, what you’re willing to compromise on, and so on.
As you move down this path, let us help you find your dream home. We are here to answer all your questions and to assist you in finding your new home.